TIN Smart Social Group is a social purpose collective focused on tackling digital poverty, fuel poverty, supporting young black entrepreneurs and improving social mobility through employability.
The Group includes:
- TIN – a Purposeful (Ad)venture Builder taking young entrepreneurs on a business innovation and responsible leadership pathway to launch social enterprises
- Digisheds – digital upskilling and cross-skilling pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship employability programmes for overlooked young people (16-30). This innovative end-to-end employer-led digital skills and personal development programme takes young people on a journey to a job. It delivers dynamic, immersive and sector-specific experiences (Creative and Culture, Digital Manufacturing and Construction, Professional and Cloud Services and Digital Healthcare) to map their skills to engaged and supportive employers and FE/HE institutions. This ‘doorway to different’ also engages with young people who self-select into groups (1000 Tribes), undertake Future Fix Challenges (bite-sized social actions) which can then be shaped into businesses in CYBA (Championing Young Business Achievers). If young people are focused on performing arts, they move into the FAME (Film, Arts, Music, Entrepreneurship) Academy. All talent is nurtured by three Boards of business leaders from a wide spectrum of industries.
- Midlands High Growth – an R&D, Innovation and Consulting business developing innovative products and solutions to improve energy efficiency, tackle illness and life-limiting challenges caused by poor heating; and achieve #netzero decarbonisation at scale through whole house retrofits. MHG works with beneficiaries, commissioners, supply chains and the community, engage everyone in the collective ownership of a more deliberately diverse and creative way of relieving the wider impact of fuel poverty.
- Own Label Creative – an ethical marketing agency working with social purpose brands
- LifeWorks Festival – a digital and live PR story engine for showcasing the outcomes, impacts and happiness created for people, businesses and communities through the work of the TIN Group and its growing collective of collaborators.