Posted on Friday September 01, 2017
Jerry collects money by “fining” customers in the nicest possible way. As an organisation which provides mailboxes for business and individuals, sometimes people ‘regularly’ forget their mailbox keys or even forget to collect packages within a reasonable period of time. It’s when Jerry’s ‘fine box’ appears.
Jerry states: “There are also the occasional acts of kindness where people feel they would like to pay for something which we have given them E.g. leaflets for a top client promoting her out of work activities as a swimming teacher; where I don’t charge them and they are insistent they want to pay something; we simply ask them to make a donation to the charity. Another giver is a local designer who uses our guillotine occasionally and also makes a donation as payment. We have a 3ft tube on the shop floor for the purpose, which also gets random donations of loose change.
So when we heard about John, the homeless person in Romania whom People against Poverty picked up and gave him a home on the Micro Farm and who needed urgent medical funds to cover him for 3 months of treatment we simply responded to that call”.
It is with acts of kindness like this that help our projects run and ensure that we are reaching the people at the time when they need it the most.
- MemberS of the month July
- Member of the Month June 2017
- Member of the Month May 2017
- Member of the month April 2017
- Member of the month March 17
- Member of the Month February 2017
- La La Piano Bar
- Business Member of the Month - December 2016
- Member of Month - November 2016
- Member of the Month October 2016
- Member of the Month September 2016
- Member of the Month - August 2016
- Member of the Month - July 2016
- Member of Month June 2016